FreeBeg

Full Version: A story about a girl who needs to go to the dentist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a 33 year old girl. Single, living alone away from home and family. I lost my job more that a year ago in design and I’ve been working freelance since. I had no money for rent or food for a good year. At one point, I had to borrow money to buy pads for my period. Embarrassing? Well, I know I am not the only one but that was the lowest point I’ve even been..  I was so sick of my situation, the stress, the not sleeping, my hair falling off like crazy that I decided to not wait for jobs and made my own website to promote my work, doing virtual assisting jobs, usually from home. I don’t really know where I found the strength, I was hungry most of the time. For weeks I texted, called, emailed 24/7 to find clients. I slept around 3-4h every day.. And I did find one family that I started to work for. Part time but still. It will help with basic life. And have few interviews booked for the next few weeks.
And then on the second day of the new job, as someone who loves the irony and uses sarcasm a lot in daily life, my tooth started to hurt. I avoided going to the dentist in the first place as I know I wouldn’t be able to pay for it. Need to do a root canal. I managed to pay 50 for an urgent meeting and to have a friend buy me antibiotics. It’s been 6 days that I am off antibiotics and the pain is not something that I can manage. Especially not with a new job that I just started. I am not focused or really presentable. The only good thing is that I am 90% at home so they don’t see me. The procedure costs around 1200. I wish that I don’t have to do it, I barely manage to buy food, let alone this. But I am scared that even if I manage to live with pain, if I wait too long, it will come to the point of not being able to save it so I will lose the tooth and will need an implant (because the tooth is 3rd from the back, easily seen when I talk or smile). And prices for implants are well, just ridiculous. I do believe that something so important for health like teeth, should be more affordable. 
I was just starting to see my hard work pay off. I am trying to stay positive, feel good that things are moving in the right direction. Trying to look at all of this as a huge expensive lesson for the future, to never be in this position ever again. I spend my days reading books about personal finance, savings. I was never an overspender, I lived a modest life. But the situation that we all got in really took away that little that I saved. In a way I think that this is good, from all this pain and anxiety, I know in my heart that I learned a lesson in life. But I will just like to not be in pain and just catch a break for once.
Thank you for reading all of this. I hope your days are brighter than mine.
And this is a sign for you too, if you need something done and you ignored it like me, call your dentist now.

Paypal:
https://www.paypal.me/mllesilvia