Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me keep my family together ... please
Heart 
I know that “I’ve never done this before” and “I wouldn’t ask if I truly didn’t need it” are cliche ... trust me , I know. But I wouldn’t be on this site if I didn’t truly need the assistance. I have no where else to turn. Im currently pregnant and high risk, unable to work. I’ve been working since I was 16 and I’m now 24 years old. I’m used to be self sufficient and able to do everything I need to but I’m currently at a loss... For the past few years myself and my boyfriend have been paying a family court lawyer large retainers in hopes of finally getting sole custody of my stepdaughter. Her mother is ... quite the character and the environment she is in is not healthy for my stepdaughter. She’s manipulative, abusive and a pathological liar all wrapped up in one horrible person. We have to go back and forth to court almost every two weeks it seems like due to the fact she is always filing motions for nonsense and making the custody agreement pretty unbareable. She keeps my stepdaughter from us when she does get visitations for days even weeks at a time after her visits are over. She made the school year hell for us constantly picking my stepdaughter up early from school on days that were not her assigned days leaving me at home stressed if my stepdaughter was going to arrive that day... we just want to stay a family. I have an autistic 5 year old son who absolutely adores his stepsister and she’s the only child he’s ever recognized as a sibling and been close to. We currently have joint custody but the mother is constantly challenging this and it costs more and more... we have bills we are behind on, we’re expecting a baby, and we can’t afford to lose our lawyer due to lack of funds.... we need this representation so the mother cannot get back custody of the child. She has a friend in California who has custody of her son who sends her payments monthly for her child and that’s how she is able to constantly afford representation for all these bogus court dates she files motions for ... we however? Do not have a friend like that. My boyfriend works his ass off to provide for myself, my son and my stepdaughter. But he cannot do it all... and since I can’t work, I cannot help him afford another retainer and we have about $400 left with our lawyer who charges $300 an hour... we have two court dates within the next month and one in September SO FAR. We need to be able to pay the lawyer $1500 to keep him on the payroll. He is the best family court lawyer we could find and afford in Indiana. He has helped tremendously but has to remain with us to keep the ball rolling. I’m literally asking... begging for any amount anyone could spare to help us. I don’t care if it’s $19...$5...$1... anything helps. This stress has made my pregnancy extremely hard and we just don’t know what to do anymore. We’ve sold all we could to maintain bills... school starts soon so we need to get school supplies and uniforms... and both children’s birthdays are Coming up in August and September... I’m also due the end of September. It’s a hectic situation and we just are trying to make it through but it’s imoortant we keep our children with us and our family together. We cannot let this woman win because my stepdaughter truly deserves a better life then what her mother would give her ... we know she’s safe here. Loved here. And taken care of here. Her mother has shown time and time again that she is not a fit parent but the system always gives mothers the benefit of the doubt and numerous chances. Please if you could find it in your heart to give.... do so. Our children deserve a stable family ... and we just want to give that to them. I have barely any family here and the same for my boyfriend so we really have no one else to ask for assistance. We just want to do what’s best for the kiddos so please help us do that. Keep our family together. It’s the most important thing to me.... thank you for reading. And thank you for even considering  to help us. God bless

My PayPal is ...

paypal.me/ErrinCee

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)