Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student struggling to stay afloat
Hi, my name's Laura. I'm a 22 year old student. I have almost completed a BSci Chemistry degree (I should graduate summer 2020), hopefully with a 2.1 or a First.

I have really been struggling financially lately which has been causing me great anxiety.This anxiety is now impacting my uni work and I fear I won't be able to graduate with the grade I need to get a job that can support me financially going forward. My main concern is that I won't be able to make my 2 next rent payments. My rent is £253.33 each month. That means I need approximately £500 to get me through until my student finance payment in January. I have almost maxed out my credit card and have almost reached my overdraft limit on my bank account.

I know that I've not been great with finances lately and that is completely my fault. But now I just don't know what to do. If my phone breaks, I'm screwed. If anything goes wrong with my car, I'm screwed. If anything goes wrong, I'm screwed.
I just feel so stuck.
If I can get through to my next student finance payment on 6th January then I feel like I can get everything sorted out.
Any assistance that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

paypal.me/nblaura