Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the ladies!
I am desperate to help the women who are important in my life and who have hit hard times in one way or another.

Firstly, my mother. She is 85 and lost her husband of 60 years, my beloved father, four years ago. Whilst she has coped admirably and I speak to her every day and see her as often as I can, she does get lonely and she does not have much money, although she never complains.

Secondly, my sister-in-law. She has come out of an emotionally and physically abusive marriage and is left to look after two teenage children without financial support.

Then there is my wife's best friend, who is a single parent to four children, three of whom are teenagers. She has a mountain of debts and no support.

A long-time friend has also come out of an abusive relationship left to look after two young children, one of whom is autistic.

Last, and most importantly, is my gorgeous wife of 23 years. She is my world and we are so close. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 11 years ago but handles her condition remarkably well. But it saddens me deeply that I cannot help her more than I am able to.

I am in awe of these amazing women with the way that they cope with the hand that life has dealt them. They don't complain, they just get on with it and we could all learn something from them. But I want to do more than that. I am not a wealthy man, although I feel lucky to know have these women in my life. I would love to be able to help them over and above the support I already give. I am talking financial support and I am really hoping that the generous public can help to brighten up the lives of these extraordinary people.