Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visser Family Financial Crisis
Exclamation 
Good day. My name is Ludwig. I am 36 years old and I am married to a fantastic wife and have a 4 year old daughter and a 15 year old son. Funny story, this is the second time I am typing this, because I accidentally deleted the first draft. Some background on me, I lost my Dad at the age of four. We grew up in an extremely poor household. Water and Electricity was shut off due to non-payment for months on end where we had to go to the local garage to fill 5L water containers to wash clothing in the tub, drinking water, dishwater, wash ourselves in bathroom basins etc. Food choices were bread and onions (both cheap) and I can show you ten different methods to eat bread, onions and combined. For an entire month in my matric high school year, I lived on the streets. I had to further my education and started my adulthood with debt. Shortly after, I got employed into an entry level position and grew in my career within a few years to Operations Manager. I attracted another employer who offered me employment and there I grew even quicker to the role of National Procurement Manager. My employer came under fire by our government for their racial ratio employment and left my race in the line of fire for retrenchment and/or forced exits. I personally was accused of theft for outrageous items life an entire lounge suite and a laptop. I showed them the lounge suite was transferred to a different division and called IT that confirmed the laptop is in their possession. This however left a clear message and I was lucky (unlucky) to receive a job offer from a new start-up company, which turned out to be fraudulent and left me unemployed from November 2019. I frantically applied for new employment and received two interviews in February 2020, but then Covid lockdown happened March 2020 and left me unemployed and with no income for the entire lockdown period. I have applied relentlessly for employment, but all jobs in South Africa has a racial requirement stipulated with all job adverts, leaving my race entirely excluded from any employment. As for government assistance.....it excludes my race entirely. I have subsequently found a way to generate my own income through selling products that I make, but this is only a fraction of my former income and with the months and months of living without an income has put us in a serious debt situation, including prior debt. My current debt is roughly R1 million ($75000 USD) and even when I was at the peak of my career I earned R28000 ($2000 USD). Now I am lucky if I bring in R15000 ($1100 USD). I can carry my current living expenses, but unfortunately cannot continue carrying this debt along with it. I am out of options and have sold nearly everything I own to stay afloat, but there is nothing left. I am on the verge of living on the streets with my family and I cannot have that happen. I feel worthless, useless and like a failure. I had to stick my pride in my pocket to write this and ask for help online, but I am truly out of any other options. My wife suffers from Bipolar and Depression, My son is ADHD and Dyslexia and medication is unaffordable. I can't afford to put my daughter into a pre-school and I am ashamed that my 75 year old Mom has to help me with money for groceries every month. At her age, I should be taking care of her. I am tired of telling my family to eat bread, nothing or "something cheap". I don't want to be rich or live a life of luxury, I just want to live a better life and look after my family so that they can have a better life as well. I pray for help every single day. Please help if you can! I appreciate the time you took to read this. Kind Regards Ludwig
paypal.me/SpeciesZA