Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War vet trying to claw back
Hello all,

I’m Completely new to this, please bear with me. 

My name is Mike. I live in rural Alabama and I’m a 2 time campaign veteran, former USMC sergeant, college educated and have been fighting with everything I have to get back on my feet and live the right kind of life. 

I have been in a state of homelessness for the last 16 months. I went through a bad divorce and started drinking which cost me the job and car and everything else. Life spiraled out of control very quickly. I found myself sleeping in the streets and eventually Arrested for public intoxication.  the court fees and mandatory programs required to stay out of jail from sentencing have kept me from holding on to any type of money I could maybe save. My poor decisions and actions have cost me everything including friends as family. 

As of today, I have been sober since February 2021. I have 1 month left until I have  completed my court ordered 2 year substance abuse and testing  program and have paid all of my fines and fees. I have a safe place to sleep and I managed to get myself a cheap car back in November in hopes of getting to and from a stable job but that car no longer runs. 

I do and have always worked. Recently it’s been odd jobs or helping out local with various tasks in my local community. Because of my rural location there is very limited to no public transportation and it makes getting or keeping a decent job very difficult. ’m really just trying to get a dependable ride in order to hold a stable job and continue putting my life back together. 

I eat, have clothes and get by with the bare minimums on my own but getting even a little bit ahead has been anextremely slow and frustrating process. I have paid for my poor decisions for the last 16 months and I would really appreciate not having to continue to pay as a life long sentence. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have Chime prepaid for banking and a cash-app. My cash app tag is $mikerobe82