Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopeless, Desperately Needing Help
Where do I start.  Years ago, my husband had a debilitating heart attack.  I have been the sole supporter of my family for 20 years.  He isn't able to work, so it's on me.  I am working sometimes 2 and 3 jobs, and I simply cannot go on like this anymore. We are saddled with debt and I am hopeless. I'm sure there are so many more people who need help and may even be more deserving than I am.  My story is kind of long, but thank you for listening.  I put myself through school while working 2 jobs, raising 2 children, and taking care of my disabled husband.  I have always been kind and generous to those who needed my help, but now find myself very much alone.  My debt is significant, but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.  I have prayed for death so my family could get my insurance to help.  I am a nurse.  The one who worked through all of Covid, watching friends and loved ones die, taking care of your family members who may have been in the hospitals and nursing homes.  Coming home with bruises on my face from the masks and equipment we had to wear.  I have a compassionate heart, and a giving spirit, but just once I want it to be my turn.  Why NOT me?  I am asking for anything, even $1, $5, anything.  ANYTHING will help.  I had a time of separation from my husband where he acquired significant debt trying to keep afloat.  He had to remortgage our house.  Our roof needs replacing, the inside walls are damaged, my car has 190.000 miles on it and won't last much longer, and I have student and other loans for over 30,000.   I am praying for a miracle.  I don't know how much longer I can go on like this.  

If you have it in your heart, anything will help.  I feel like a piece of **** for even asking, but I am hopeless, depressed and don't know what to do.  Whether or not help is on the way, I hope something good happens to YOU today!  Shy

Peace