Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle to take bed ridden fiance back and forth to Dr
Hi my fiance was recently diagnosed with a disease called white matter disease.  This is a uncureable disease of the brain.  I work butrecently lost my job due to me needing surgery.  I am her only care taker and with this disease she has frequent MRI and Dr. Visits.  To top everything off the engine in myjeep blew shortly after I had my surgery.  The little money we had put away was quickly put towards us not getting evicted.  I'm able to work but with the progression of this disease she's needing my help more frequently at home.  Trying to find a new job is a headache in itself without wheels not to mention trying to arrange transportation to and from very frequent doctors visits.  Loosing my job has put us so far behind and the assistance she gets from the state barley pays for our phones and little food.  She is my main concern and getting her where she needs to go for her medical help.  Please help us find a cheap vehicle.  Something that I can get her to the doctor with.  I've seen lots of them in Facebook for 1500-2000 dollars.  Anything would help us tremendously and we would be more than greatful.  It would mean the world to us.  Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.  My cash app tag is $TyHere85.  God Bless
It might be worth trying to see if you can get paid to be her caregiver for now. It might take a little bit of time to get set up but it might be worth it in the long run to help you both out financially. If not you may want to look at getting her a caregiver so you can start working again.
Thanks for the reply. We have looked into that but she was denied disability 3 times before she actually got it. We don't know why she has a tbi, diabetes, white matter disease. They would only approve someone for 20 hrs a week to come here to help and she needs someone pretty much around the clock. I'm trying to find a work at home job but that's easier said than done being that Ive always done manual labor.

Plus it's been really difficult finding any job without any solid transportation
I completely understand how hard it can be. 20hrs a week would at least give you some time to focus on yourself and your own health so you don't get burnt out too quickly or assist in paying some of the bills. Once care is started its easier to get the time adjusted, especially if you have an outside caregiver because they see the amount of care she truely needs. It totally sucks all the red tape and hoops that have to be jumped through.

For work at home positions look at your transferrable skills like if you have worked in lead positions and had to manage crews what communication skills did you use, did you do scheduling or data input for project management stuff? What computer skills do you have from your own personal use? Can you spend a little bit of time completing online certificate courses that are available for free to pad your resume with? Those things can really help.