FreeBeg

Full Version: In dire need of assistance to keep the lights on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, whomever may be reading. I am a college student. I am also a caregiver for my elder sister. She is disabled and needs constant help. We get by as best as we can but lately, we haven’t been. I’ve let myself get behind in the utility bills so that i can pay for her medication and my own. We received a shut off notice for the lights and water. I was able to pay the water bill, but I had not realized just how far gone i was with the light bill. It is at a whopping $600. I have 18 cent in my bank account. I have applied for LIHEAP and tried telling the electric company that we do have a disabled person living in the home and need to have the lights on to use machines that she needs nightly. They have told us that since it isn’t winter time, they won’t do anything. I have until the 4th this month. I got the notice on Tuesday. I have applied for personal loans and even offered to work it off but nobody seems to need or want help from strangers. I know this is asking for a LOT but if anybody knows any places in or near the west suburbs of Chicago Illinois or if you find it in your heart to donate, please anything will help. Cash App: 
https://cash.me/app/BGTNRWB