FreeBeg

Full Version: Help me find the way out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please be with me
My warmest greeting to all of you
When you receive this letter, you might feel something strange, you might ask questions like how I wrote to you and how did I get your address. Let me explain everything. My full name is LiulsegedAsratEstifanos. I am a 37 years old man who is physically disabled. I reside in Ethiopia, Adama town which is 100kms away from the capital city Addis Ababa. I am married and have two daughters called Tinsae and Rodasthree and one year old respectively. My wife’s name is Haimanot. Saying this let me tell you about my sponsorship request. First I got your address from the internet when I was searching for possible sponsors for my request. Now back to me. I was born in 1970, in a small town called Sire, 53kms away from the current residential town. My mom was my second wife of my dad. My parents previously got a girl and she was unlucky and died a year after. The two couple always made conflict,my mom was too young to give birth at that time, she was only 18 when she bore me. In Ethiopia, there was a wrong belief that a girl has to get married at her early age. This was because if she was not to marry early she will be exposed to inappropriate sexual behavior and will be pregnant without marriage. Being too young, she couldn’t take care of me properly and they frequently quarrel. When I was born I was healthy but later due to lack of proper care I caught poliomyelitis and finally one of my leg becomes paralyzed. My mom, at the end of the day left me alone and disappeared at the age of two. Since then I couldn’t see her, I don’t know whether she is alive or dead. My dad had taken the responsibility to take care of me, he tried his best but it was challenging for him, nobody was with him. When he went for job he  put me in the house and lock the door until he return from home, I stayed crying all the day for several months, finally he hired a housemaid to take care of me, later she became  a wife of him. She really took care of me properly and faced challenges with my disability, I couldn’t stand until I became 4, she exercised me a lot and finally she was lucky I could stand upright. After she officially married to my dad,  she bore children who are now my half brothers and sisters.
I went for kindergarten at the age of 5 and stayed there 2 years and passed to grades. At the age of 12 my dad passed away due to frequent intestinal surgery. My step mom now is to shoulder everything to take care of us but unable to support us since she had no job. She decided to give myself to a relative of my dad. Even though I didn’t want to separate from the rest of my family members, she forced me to go. Staying with my relative was also another big challenge. The new family saw me as a servant of their house, my disappointment increased, I was forced for hard labor that can’t match to my physical status, I experienced untold misery there, I tried to escape but caught soon and returned to home. I always saw my future, the time after completing my high school. It might open an opportunity to join University. This might lead to another chapter of my life.I strongly continued my education through elementary, Junior and high school. Fighting the improper treatment of the new family, I showed bravery in my educational progress, my teachers appreciated me and I was expected to score high in the school leaving examination. Unfortunately, I couldn’t succeed, I scored good GPA, 2.8 two points behind the minimum requirement to join the university quota. I decided to leave the family after having this disappointing result. I went out and the family left me alone. Another challenge to face, I went for another area searching for possible job but it was challenging and was not easy. For the first time I exposed myself to the street life. Sometimes I beg people to give me something to eat. I stayed on the street for 3 years. Finally I was hired by the local hotel as a cashier/money collector for 5 USD a month. I worked there for 3 years and I saved my salary every month so that I will continue my education of college. Finally I came with one policeman who knows me before I joined the new family told me the where about of my former family. I became happy and decided to go to them. They were living in one remote area. The policeman helped me get more money for transportation and finally went to my family. Unfortunately my step mom had died and I got my siblings and other relatives. After I got them, I stabilize myself. In that local area there was elementary school which had a shortage of trained teachers and annually the school hires untrained but high school completed students as a teacher. The local community pays the salary of these teachers. I have got the opportunity to participate in the competition. At that time the school needs one teacher and I passed successfully from the rest of the contestants.  Now I became a teacher and 10 USD was to be paid for me. I saw a new chapter, I was registered at one college in distance and continuing program to study and became professional teacher. Thanks to the almighty God, I studied for 4 years and I graduated from St. Mary College with great distinction, 3.81(GPA) in 2007. From that date onward I relocated from the remote area to the current residential town, Adama, formerly known Nazreth. I taught here for six years in private school. At the beginning I was paid 30USD/month and at the time of leaving I had been paid 80USD/month. I left the school because I studied my BA degree in Sociology and wanted to change for better job. Since then I was hire by one local NGO and get the monthly salary of 150USD. As I have already mentioned I married a girl and got two children from her.
When I come to my request, currently life is becoming very challenging in Ethiopia and survival is the major issue. I wanted to continue for my masters but economically too hard for me.It costs me almost 3000USD; living cost is increasing from date to date. My monthly earning is becoming very weak to support my family. Both my children cost me 30USD/month. The entire family without the children also cost 110USD/month. I have nothing to remain. The major challenge still to come. My older daughter is to go to kindergarten this September, she cost 100USD/month and she stays in school for 10 months every year; from September-June. This is totally impossible for me I had no more alternatives to cover by myself. So that is why I wanted to ask such kind of sponsorship from companies/foundations like yours. Even though I wanted to continue my masters, I need to quit that do something for my child. Unless she got such help she is to remain home without going to school. This is a headache for me, I don’t bother about the living cost, I only worried about my daughters’ future. Hoping great that you have very positive response in sponsoring my child’s education, here I propose the annual cost of my child in her stay in the school.
Type of cost Amount in USD
1.     Annual  school fee-----------------------     400
2.     School uniform----------------------------    50
3.     Learning materials cost------------------        50
4.     Transportation to and from------------ --     100
5.     Food cost  ---------------------------------     300
6.     For health care ---------------------------      50
7.     Clothing------------------------------------     50
Total cost===================1000/year.
Here I propose that I don’t want you to cover the cost of my children every year. I only need 7000USD so that I planned to buy a three wheel small taxi. After that I can generate income by giving taxi service to the locals and I will earn 50-75USD per day. This will help me support my family and can send my children to school without any fear and worry. Your one time sponsorship can fix my life sustain ably and it will be tiny expense to your company. I think this happens if and only if you trust me but I would say what I told you is true and I swear. Please save my family.
I ask kindly you to see my case and give me positive response in the name of almighty God and if it happens to be real, my dream will no more to be a dream, my daughter also be lucky. In case  of contact is needed for further investigation of the truthfulness of the request letter and other documentation you need to verify me, I am very willing to deliver you all my original ones through email or other ways. Please respond me regardless of any response of you. Here is my address.
Home- Adamatown,Sodere street,BokuShenenKebele
             Around St.Michael Church
             Behind Nazareth Soap factory.
             P.O.Box-2953
Email: [email=asratleule@gmail.com]asratleule@gmail.com[/email]
Cell phone +251921481891/+251966000523, work place phone,+251221112142
Thank you very much for you  the time spent  in reading my case.
God bless you all.