FreeBeg

Full Version: Anything helps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in desperate need of some help with my rent.
I am a single mother of 2 gorgeous children a 12 year old girl and a 6 year old boy. I work 5-6 days a week often 10-12 hour shifts...
With my last check in december, since it included a little Christmas bonus I paid 3 months advance rent figuring taxes were right around the corner and with all the hours I work we would be able to get by... But life has decided to throw a few speed bumps into my life.
Last month I was informed my $470 monthly food stamps would be cut off,which also made my children ineligible for free school lunches. We were also informed that my place of employment has been bought out and will be closing down for remodeling within the next couple of months and they are not telling us if our jobs will be safe or if we will be able to collect unemployment when this happens.
To top this off one of my coworkers told me to check the hours on my paycheck only to find out I have not been receiving overtime for my 10-12 hour days because my company found a way to say any hours worked after midnight are a new day and do not count as a 12 hour shift..
I filed my taxes late jan and the irs accepted them jan 29th... I have yet to recieve my refund the wheres my refund page said there was a delay then about a week later switched back to procesing I called the IRS and was told mine was flagged for review and if I dont hear from them by the 1st to call back.
But now after having to pay cash for all our food and having to pay for school lunches. On top of already paying child care while im working bus money to get to and from work etc. I do not know how I am going to afford my rent I have about half of the $675 needed but do not know how I will have the rest in time.
I am doing the best I can with no financial support or help for either of my kids. I pay rent ahead when I can and work so many hours I hardly see my children.
I have never been in such a pinch. But between the food stamps being cut off and my taxes being so delayed its causing me to fall behind in all my bills. (I have been looking for a new job since we were told about the buyout, with no luck)
I am hanging my head in shame even having to ask for help but my children have to have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies (my daughter already had to go without a birthday feb 28th due to bills, she understands but it broke my heart? any help would be so much appreciated and we will be forever greatful as I said I already have half of what I need but every little bit helps and hopefully my taxes will arrive and I will be able to catch back up. Thank you for taking the time to read our story.
paypal.me/MindyFennell
cashapp $mindyfennell