FreeBeg

Full Version: This is truly embarrassing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...but I don’t know what else to do. I need help.

So, I recently moved from NYC back to my hometown of Chicago, and, aside from giving up my cute little apartment and putting my shit in storage, practically no parts of my move went according to plan. Upon getting home, my significant other of 2 years ghosted me. I had nowhere to go because of some miscommunication with the person with whom I thought I would be living; they basically cast me aside because an opportunity to get laid by one of two married men was more appealing. My family doesn’t really help much; they’ve always seemed to take from me more than they help me. I am currently living with another ex. He and I broke up years ago, but we have been friends for over 25 years; he’s struggling financially, too, after having closed his business, and, even though he opened up his home to me without me asking, I still feel like a burden for imposing on his space. Finding a job took a little longer than I had anticipated; although, compared to my layoff six years ago, I found a job fairly quickly — 3 weeks versus 10 months.

The upside is that I am now working (just started my new gig last Monday), and I am finishing my thesis for my master’s degree (I finished all of my pre-thesis coursework with a 3.87 GPA; yes, I haz a smart). However, in the interim, the little bit of money that I had saved ran out, my checking account is horribly overdrawn, I am behind on a few bills (the important ones that I could pay, I did pay), and I don’t get my first paycheck until next Friday (2/28). To add insult to injury, my birthday is this Sunday (2/23). I don’t really celebrate my birthday; it almost always seems to turns out crummy, especially in even-numbered years, and even more so in leap years (for example, on my 33rd birthday in leap year 2012, I had to have two wisdom teeth and another molar extracted). I don’t see this year faring any better, because, aside from my aforementioned ex/friend who took me in like a little lost puppy, no one seems to give a shit beyond saying Happy Birthday to me on Facebook. But I’m used to that. Don’t give a shit about that. I just need to get my head above water for now.

With that, I am humbly asking if anyone out there could shoot me a few bucks on CashApp or Venmo so that I can at least get back and forth to work tomorrow and next week. And please note that I always pay it forward, as I know what it’s like to be without; I’ve vacillated between prosperity and destitution from my childhood to young adulthood enough to be intimately familiar.

CashApp: $bludmn79
Venmo: @bludmn79

Thanks for reading.