FreeBeg

Full Version: Community Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To whom it may concern

Sports kept me grounded and focused my entire life. Sports helped me through High School and allowed me to achieve a BA of Economics; without sports I would have never succeeded. Growing up in Queens, NY; the community lacked basketball gyms and recreational center’s. We literally had parks and few High Schools gyms if they were available. We would have to travel to other towns in order to get to a recreational center. Although we have the YMCA, the YMCA is not big enough nor does it offer a wide variety of activities. The community was deeply in need of new programs and infrastructure. Jamaica is an area that once had almost twenty theatres in the vicinity before the RKO Alden Theatre closed in the 1980’s. For example, two decades ago people in the community either had to travel to Brooklyn or Valley Stream, NY to watch movies because there were no theatres in our community. Years down the line Jamaica multiplex opened in 2002 as part of the new Jamaica Center it gave the area it’s first theatre again since the 1980s ( a center with shopping stores and movie theatre ). We as a community deeply appreciated a movie theatre in our community. This form of gratitude is exactly what we want to bring back to our community again, by building a sports complex! At the moment we have the rendering and design. Our first goal and most important goal is to purchase the land which we have already located, and has been approved to build on. Purchasing the land is extremely important to us in such that we are helping to improve our community for the better.How? By purchasing the land we are able to take control of our community. In the most recent years many investors have tried to appeal to a certain class of people who do not live in the community and we want our infrastructure and programs to benefit all who live and visit Jamaica Queens. Recently, a handful of hotels and apartments have been built in the last five years, we want to help contribute to the process our community has started. The land goes for $5,000,000, at the moment we are negotiating. We are not asking for the entire five million but we ask for any donations. The city of Jamaica Queens will deeply appreciate the gesture, we are everyday people with a common goal.

If by chance have any questions about the project feel free reply back to this email

Thank you for your time and consideration

https://www.paypal.me/hkeita20