FreeBeg

Full Version: Desperately Need Help For Medical & Household Bills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On 7/23/20 my I had to call an ambulance for my Husband Steve who had passed out on the floor after he had set his oxygen on fire while smoking without my knowledge.  On the way to the hospital he stopped breathing and they had to hook him up to a breathing machine. 

Next they airlifted him from the Greenwood, SC hospital to the Burn Unit at the Athens, GA hospital.  There the doctors found out that he had what is called an Aortal Dissection which means that his Aorta, the main artery of the heart had ripped and was bleeding.  The next day he was airlifted to Emory University Hospital in Augusta, GA.

On 7/31/20 Steve underwent an 8 hour open heart surgery where they had to completely rebuild the Aorta.  They also had to bypass 2 arteries and repair 2 leaking valves in his heart.

He is still in Emory Hospital where he is still on the ventilator to help him breathe.  He is also on a feeding tube and has another tube going through his nose into his stomach because he has been vomiting and they don't want him to get it into his lungs.  He is in very CRITICAL CONDITION.

Now the doctors are saying that he will probably need a Pacemaker and have a Tracheotomy which is where they cut a hole in the base of the throat in order to attach a small breathing machine.

He will probably be in the hospital for another few weeks up to another month and after that he will have to go to a Rehab Center for at least a month or two in order to build up his strength before he can come home.

I don't work because of a back injury and Steve only draws $516.00 a month in Social Security.  He was doing odd jobs to make money, but that is no longer possible and I am at my wit's end trying to figure out how we are going to make it.
I am not asking for a Handout, just a Helping Hand.  So, if you could find it in your hearts to send a little something to help out it would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated.  If you could spare $5 or $10 every little bit will help on this long slow road to his recovery.

“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.”
― John Holmes