FreeBeg

Full Version: Please help survive a medical situation and finally get home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. It's taken time to be humbled to ask for help like this. Please be kind.

I don't want to complicate things with many details, so if you have questions just ask. I'm 53 and been working overseas for several years. Not exotic as it might sound, just a decent life. Around the time of Covid I was diagnosed with tuberculosis (TB), and been very sick ever since. I went through a 9 month treatment with powerful antibiotics that kept me very ill the whole time. Afterwards my breathing kept getting worse, and then found I still have a strenuous pulmonary infection from the same TB family. So I'm back on the hard meds again and currently require supplemental oxygen to breathe throughout most of the day.

During this time the company I worked for had financial problems and disappeared. Because I was ill for so long and no one contacted me, I made a mistake about the visa expiration date. Now I'm correcting this with a temporary medical extension of stay, but there are costs involved that will have to come out of rent money.

Throughout most of my treatment I had a decent savings and spent only on meds, hospitals and rent while travel restrictions have been in place the whole time for Covid. But by my 2nd diagnosis it was mostly all gone. Family and friends were the first to help, but many have hard times after Covid. Needing oxygen and continuing treatment as I do, if I find myself unable to pay rent in a foreign country it could become life threatening very quickly. It's clear I can't fly without oxygen, and airlines do not provide this. They do allow certain models of portable, battery powered O2 concentrators with 1.5X battery power of the total flight duration, but these are difficult to source and cost roughly USD $3k.

What I urgently need now is temporary help with rent and continuing meds, and any help towards acquiring one of the airline approved portable O2 units that could help me finally get back home. If I could make it home, family can at least help with basic needs and survival. If you can see it within your heart to help donate, I will definitely pay it forward when possible. Thank you for reading this far.

Chris
paypal.me/triangularbkk