FreeBeg

Full Version: This is my last resort. YOU are my only hope.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and thank you for being here. Allow me to share my story with you. 

So a few years ago I was a much better position. I had a good job, made a decent amount of money, lived a relatively happy life surrounded by a loving family and friends. 

Then the company I worked for had to restructure and my services were no longer required. A few months later, I was blessed with a new job. Good money and benefits. 18 months later, they too went through a retrenchment process and again, I had to pack my stuff and leave. So I decided to start my own business. 

Everything went well, I didnt make a crazy amount of money, but at least I wouldn't retrench myself and at least all the effort I put into the business was to build my own business. 

And then Covid19 arrived. 

Apart from the fact that I was unable to operate for a while, everything else changed. The way people did business changed. I relied a lot on the support of schools and corporate companies hosting events, but schools were closed, no sporting or other events took place and corporate companies didn't do their usual annual events. Many of my customers cut down on their marketing budget to survive. Two of my biggest clients had to close down completely. Whatever cash reserves I had was drained in no time. 

Now here we are, post-Covid and it's a struggle to get back up again. I had to load money from family members but I haven't been able to repay it, leaving me in a difficult position because we're not the  "happy family" that we once was. My wife and kids recently celebrated their birthdays and I had to make up some excuses as to why they didn't get any gifts. My friends want to go out for coffee, but I keep making excuses why I cant join them, because I'm too shy to tell them that I cant afford to pay for my own coffee. 

I've tried so many things till now. I tried all these things on Fiverr, Upwork, User Testing, Print on Demand, Surveys, Affiliate Marketing and a million other stuff, but nothing is as simple as they make it seem to be. And nothing worked for me so far.

The accounting firm that used to take care of my business affairs handed me over to a collection company for outstanding fees. I've been paying them religiously for almost 2 years now, but because of the collection company also adding fees and interest, I actually owe more now than what I owed in the first place. I just feel like no matter what I try, I lose. 

I'm at my whit's end. I don't know what to do. How do I look my kids in the eye and tell them that their dad, their superhero, is flat broke and unable to provide for them. The only reason why we have some food on our table is because of my wife's job. Now what kind of man,what kind of husband has to rely on the income of his wife? It's embarrassing. 

So this is really my last resort. I sincerely hope that I can get out of this ever deepening financial hole with your help. Thank you for allowing me to share my story.