FreeBeg

Full Version: 28/Female - Need to Get Away from Abusive Alcoholic partner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been struggling for awhile.  I was on disability until November of last year and since I stopped receiving payments I have experienced hardship and homelessness.  

I am getting kicked out of where I am living because I owe too much back rent - I pay weekly and have no lease and pay cash so I have no legal way to battle it.  But it didn’t require a credit check or deposit to move in and I was desperate 

My partner is a severe alcoholic and does not work and is abusive and controlling and the money I have in drained into his addiction, and my life revolves around his symptoms of cirrhosis and his needs

I finally got a full time job that pays well, but the owner of the property I’m living at doesn’t care and it seems right when things were looking up it was too little too late.  

I thought the silver lining of this misfortune could be I could escape my abusive relationship and find a place to live on my own when we get kicked out and he won’t know where I’m living, but since Covid and unemployment I have had no luck with my credit score plummeted under 550.  

I did find a rental - it’s just a studio room with a microwave and mini fridge… it’s $1400 a month 

I don’t need much room and it’s close to my work so I’ll be able to bike ( I don’t have a car), I won’t be taking much with me.   I could definitely afford with my new job and without supporting an addict.  The owner of the unit lives in the main house and this rental is an attached studio with private entrance.  I met with him and he was very nice and willing to work with my credit if I give first and last up front. 

It would change my entire life if I could just get a fresh start away from abuse and have a place to live that I don’t owe back rent on.  My new job has no idea how much I am struggling, and I don’t want them to judge me or look down on my situation.  I am afraid I will not be able to maintain it if I become homeless again and have to manage all the hardships that come with

I am just feeling desperate and depressed and hopeless so I am reaching out to you folks to please help me raise this $2800 and I would be so grateful and appreciative.  

I’m worried this opportunity will be gone soon the way rentals get swiped up quickly around here.  Anything would help.  Thank you.