FreeBeg

Full Version: Adoption of Eli - My Foster Fail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=1103][attachment=1102][attachment=1101][attachment=1100][attachment=1100]Back in August, I went and brought home my first ever foster cat Eli (he came with the name Matty - u can see why I changed it) and had no intention of adopting any cat!   Eli was so cute and he seemed friendly.   Normally when a cat comes to any home he hides.   Eli was the exception.   Showing no fear, he immediately laid on my chest and was purring!   He also would bite my nipple, which I found out is a cats way of showing affection.   I fell in love and knew it was gonna be a foster fail.  A friend said that dogs will be happy with anyone, but a cat chooses you.  Eli definitely chose me.  

Eli is a male cat with FIV, the feline version of HIV.   For most cats it doesn't progress but sickness is amplified for a cat with FIV.   While I was fostering him, he was such a lot.   He had an abcess on his face, and shortly after he got neutered and came back extremely sick with an upper respiratory infection.   I didn't know if he was gonna make it!  I had to bring him back to the shelter where they have been taking care of him and monitoring him regularly.   He has been there over a month, isolated, and I'm sure he's missing me!   I know I miss him.  He is now healthy and ready to come home! 

The shelter was going to keep him indefinitely and I couldn't let that happen so I said I wanted to adopt him.  I can't imagine being without this cat!  He has made me better emotionally and has given me something greater than myself.   Now I just need to bring him home.  

The adoption fee is $150, so I would like to raise that amount!  Ultimately if I could raise more for extra supplies that would be amazing but I am able to provide that stuff.  I just need help with the cost of adoption because he could come home tomorrow but I just don't have the money.   I'm afraid if I take too long they will adopt him out to someone else.   

Please help me bring home this cat that not only needs me, but a cat that I need as well!   His health might depend on being with me instead of isolated in a cage.