The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have never been this close to giving up
My financial hardship story dates back to when I was 15.
15:I got pregnant.
16:I decided to keep and raise my son, and become successful regardless of the additional responsibility of being a single parent.
16-18:I continued to live with my parents and graduated high school 1 semester ahead of my class.
18-22:I moved out with my son so that I could get a student loan and pursue my post-secondary studies in hopes of becoming a teacher. I worked full-time in construction and went to school full-time, with little to no assistance from my son's father.
22:I got into a work-site accident, falling two stories in a high rise building downtown. Post-recovery, I dove straight back into work and abandoned my studies.
23-31:I worked and advanced nowhere, I received my Journeyman's Certification with no adjoining recognition or pay increase, all the while my brain was wasting away. I tried having relationships, all of which were unsuccessful because of my line of work, and because I was too pre-occupied trying to be a mother to my son.
32/present:I am desperate. My bills kept adding up, and this year it has caught up to me and has brought me to an all-time low. I don't understand how I got here...I was always that person who paid their bills early, paid more than the required amount, made 'dents' whenever I could...and now I am filing for a consumer proposal, my son and I have exhausted all favours and assistance from family, friends, and government programs, and are approaching the holiday season with no idea how I will cover the next months' rent. I work full-time, which means nothing in construction, it's winter, and I have recently returned to university to finish my bachelors' degree. 
Truthfully, I'm hoping for a miracle. I want to continue my education. I want to provide for my son. I work my back off to put food on the table yet I can't seem to get ahead. I'm incredibly embarrassed to be in this situation.
My debts add up to $38,000. The cost of completing my bachelors program is estimated at 1.5 yrs, and $15,000. The cost of living for us, bare minimum, is $2800/mth. I have nowhere left to go, noone left to ask, and i feel myself giving up and becoming more and more depressed each day.    
If money were no object, that is to say if I had no debts looming over me, I would choose to write, to teach, to inspire. And I would encourage my son to pursue what he loves. 
We appreciate your consideration, and for the time it took you to read our story. I am sure that there are several other people on here that may abuse peoples' generosity, or even some that are more worthier candidates than us. Regardless, we thank you.

Paypal.me/lmjg8383

Messages In This Thread
I have never been this close to giving up - by lmjg8383 - 11-23-2015, 05:46 AM