Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken spirit,we need help.
Music 
My wife and I are both support workers in social care sector, we support young men and woman with learning disabilities and complex mental health issues.

We enjoyed our work and have for many years, that was until my wife was diagnosed with grade 3 breast cancer.

After a gruelling 6 years, post surgery, Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, my wife, I am pleased to announce is now in remission and her survival prospects are bright.

2 years ago, 2016 I was told I may have bladder cancer, I had blood in my water, and lost 8 stone very rapidly,
My wife has now retired, I some years younger than her continued working until my diagnosis, and my doctors insistence that I discontinue working.

So,
     2018 after not working for 2 years, I found I do not have bladder cancer but my problems are prostate related.
I also learned that I have an incurable form of porphyria,a blood disorder that took my mothers life and other family members.
I have been tested for this all my life and told I don't have it and as it is hereditary tests show I pose no risk of passing the gene.
During my illness I have had many many tests, from head to toe, still looking for the cause of my illness, new porphyria tests became known and I qualified so was retested and bam!
I have had it all my life and it lay dormant until I became unwell with what we now know is prostate problems.
Rated its head and began destroying my kidneys liver spleen and other organs, I have had treatment for this and my organs but still wait further surgery for my prostate as it is rapidly getting worse.
In the 2 years since I have worked my debts have pulled up and I have completely used all savings, and monies available to me, I did start a gofundme page but closed it down after family displayed jealousy.
The funds we did raise prevented us from being evicted.
My wife is in a state pension and I am in receipt of sickness benefits, with the debt arrangements we have with our creditors we have nothing left for ourselves, I have to save to meet my hospital appointments as parking fines for late appointments have also piled high, I don't qualify for hospital transport assistance and my only life line is to call an ambulance,wich I am not going to do.
My treatment has been delayed and started and stopped delaying my recovery each time,I have at times not been able to afford to get myself to hospital.
The affect our financial situation has had on our relationship is devastating, we never thought for a second that ill health would cut us down as it has, we have no insurance of any kind.

This situation has broken my spirit,I am at a loss and ask from the bottom of my heart, please anyone who can help us financially, we are beyond desperate, in the time this has all been going on, my daughter has given us a grand daughter, we live in England and my daughter lives in our native Australia, I could not afford a postage stamp for a letter let alone anything else,
This is soul destroying.
I am one that would rather give than receive,I am searching my soul for reasons to continue, my financial situation is completely desperate, I owe less than £7000.00
But have no way to pay more than a few pounds per week.
I am facing insolvency soon and at 55 years old have no chance of ever recovering from the debts that continue to pile up.
Your kindness and generosity would be greatly received,I worry more for my wife than for myself,
My  PayPal is as follows.

PayPal.me/aussie63

Should you be kind enough to help my begging for assistance, please accept our thanks in advance, knowing that you really have helped and made a huge difference in the lives of two fellow humans,
Thank you, for at least reading my plight,
Phillip Vidler