Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency Bill Money and College Fund
I realize that this title sounds like a bit much, but I was raising money to go back and finish college this summer into the fall semester. Recently, however, I've run into some trouble with bills as well. 

I am currently doing better healthwise than I have been. I fell into a serious battle with my depression, anxiety and PTSD just before the holiday season this December. I spent some time in the hospital getting myself back together and then after in a day hospital that set me up with a therapist and nurse practitioner to help me continue my wellness plan. I lost my job during that time period, sadly, and I am currently in the process of applying for disability. I've raised some money for rent through art commissions, but my reserves are running dry. Beyond dry, in fact. I've struggled this past month with my mental health and also with stomach flu, so I really haven't been in the best state of mind. I overdrew my bank account Ubering to the three appointments I have almost weekly, and the bank is not willing to waive my overdraft fees. I thought that the payment wouldn't go through if I didn't have enough money, but it will if you use Paypal as your means of payment for Uber. I should have been more aware of where my resources were at, but, as I said, this has been a hard month for me healthwise in pretty much every way that it can be hard. I wasn't in the best state of mind, and I haven't been feeling well either. I didn't check, and now I'm overdrawn with extended overdraft fees. I was unable to pay my phone bill, and that's turned off now, and my electricity bill is due this coming Tuesday. I just don't have the money to pay these things, and I'm in a bit of a desperate place.

In addition to that, I've been trying to raise money to attend and finish up my history associate's this summer into fall. I'm close to finishing and, as I've been working really really hard on myself lately, I realized that is what I most want, to finish up school and go from there to possibly teach or attend a four year college. I've been through so much, and I want to fight for my education as well. I can also get a job part time on campus possibly to help save up more money.

Long story short, I made a mistake that's put me in a bad place, but I really want to bounce back from that and than use whatever else I can raise to further my education. I can't say how much any help would mean to me. It would basically mean the world and then some. Financial help is appreciated, but also, if you have any advice for things that I can do to to earn money or, well, anything, I would appreciate that too. Thank you for just for giving this a read.

https://www.paypal.me/tmharner