Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Mom of 2 Year Old, Evicted by Child's Father, Trying to Land on Her Feet
Hello! 

I am a single mom of an adorable two year old little boy. To summarize the craziest year ever, my son's father has chosen addiction over his family, terrorized me to the point of filing a PPO against him, where he in turn had my son and I evicted, sued me for joint custody tying up my money in legal fees, and has not helped with child support as he was court ordered to begin doing. 

I had only been back to work since December '18 when it was just clear that my now ex was not going to enter rehab willingly to work out his issues, the violence and fighting was intensifying, and I could no longer go through the stress of living on my credit cards and 'hoping' he would pay them off as he would tell me if I worked, I needed to 'move out of his house.' All the money I made and saved went to supporting my child, tires and repairs for my car, legal fees, the security deposit and rent for a house as he had us evicted. My credit cards are maxed from living in a hotel until the house was ready, charging my son's daycare, gas, diapers, and my dog's vet bill. I hit a pothole that was the mother of all potholes, broke something in the tire area as the rattling and sound it makes now is alarming and it knocked out the electrical in my car where one of my headlights does not work and the AC no longer comes out the top vents. I need to fix these things, but I am maxed. We do not have a couch for our house as my ex gave mine away when he bought new stuff. We weren't married, so I am not entitled to half of anything, and had to leave with less than what I came with. A couch is not an essential, I don't even have time to sit down. We don't have cable or internet, as these are not essentials. I am just stating that I am not spending money on unnecessary things while trying to make rent and utilities.

I am humbly asking for any and all help. If we can make it through this month, and I can find a new seven day a week job, we will make it from there. I am not proud to sit here and type this today. I wish I had family to turn to or run to, but that is not the case. I have been on my own since I was 18, I have supported myself and worked two jobs whenever I needed to as there is no one to turn to. If it weren't for my son, I would have no problem doing just that. But, I do have my son, I have to pay for daycare to work during the day, and I don't have enough consistant, reliable sitters to work a second job at night. 

Things have been rough, to say the least. I don't have time to sit and dwell and think about how 'unfair' things have been, or how things are so far off the 'life plan.' I can't sit here and wish that it had all turned out differently, I just have to keep going. Trying my best for my son. 

Where we stand. I have enough left on one credit card to charge his daycare next week. That will have us maxed out at just under $3200. I already asked for more credit and will not be able to receive another increase. I have enough in my checking to cover my $82 car insurance. I wanted to add renter's insurance to that this month, but will have to wait until hopefully next month. Hopefully, any of the applications I have been filling out call back and say they have a position, seven days a week for me! As well I will obviously keep looking and having to look a little farther out from his daycare and where we live until I find something. I will find something I know this, just time is not on my side right now. My lawyer has run through my $5,000 retainer, and has sent a bill for another $98 which was due immediately, plus we are supposedly going to court twice next week with my ex, which will run me a new bill- if my ex shows up as he skipped June's court date. I owe DTE $45 for two weeks of service due the 19th, and the water bill should be arriving any day. I owe minimum $27 on two credit cards, for $54 by the 17th. My prepaid phone is only $44.40 per month and runs through the 30th. If they try to take that from my credit card and there is no available credit, there is no more phone. $1200 for rent is due the first of the month, but not late until after the 5th. If my ex hadn't started dragging me through court, and reached civil agreements as I asked, I wouldn't be out $5,000 and would have that money for my bills. If he had paid any of the three months of child support he was court ordered to pay, May, June, and July, I would have that. He hasn't given me a penny since November, nor himself paid for daycare, bought food, diapers, wipes, clothes, coats, etc but as my son and I lived there until we were evicted May 27th, he is not being held liable for child support through that time. I had to pay movers to move out, had to pay for storage, had to pay movers to move to the new house. I charged everything I could to have cash to pay movers and at least the security deposit and rent.

I am trying, believe me I am trying! My son is amazing. Through this last year I have tried my best to keep my stress from him, and he remains a happy, smiling baby. His smiles and giggles are worth every moment of stress. I try to remain thankful for our health, and remind myself that hard times don't last forever. Just in this moment, we could use a little help to get going on our own. Every bit, even the slightest would help. I have set up a paypal account with the email WeNeedAVillage@yahoo.com. 

Thank You With All Of My Heart