Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resources/ Funds Needed for Repairs on Parents’ House
My parents raised seven children and are the heart and soul of our family unit. They have been there for me and my siblings through hard and good times. They never ask for much, but deserve so much. My parents also service the community by donating food and clothing to those in need. Even though they do not have much they give what they can. Now in my adult years, I would like to help my parents out and make some repairs to their home. I don’t have the funds- as their house is a 1950’s model and needs many repairs. They love their home, but their living conditions need improvements. They have had their vehicle broken into many times, items have been stolen off their back porch, and damage to property from random people. They also have health conditions. My dad had eye and prostate surgery in addition to having a pacemaker. Yet, my dad works a part time job trying to save up for household repairs. It has been ten years since my mother has been in remission for Lymphoma.

Here is the list of household items that need to be replaced or repaired due to wear and tear or vandalism. It would be a blessing to raise funds to get any of these items, so any donation is greatly appreciated:

Replace roof paneling- we had contractors who installed cheap, non-standard paneling on the roof. In addition, there is also water damage and holes in the roof from contractors’ mistakes.

Garage door- due to its old age and the rain and a car backed into the garage has caused it two damage over time.

Electrical wiring- the house is very old and we need a new updated wiring box. They have to unplug appliances to use other appliances and use lot of extension cords.

Replace broken Picture window- a group of mischievous kids threw a rock through the window

New wooden flooring- the floor is old and worn

Stove- the present one has run its course

Refrigerator- need a bigger refrigerator because my mom loves to cook. The present one doesn’t get cold enough

Security system- they have had break-ins and they need that security to stay safe

Plumbing and new fixtures in the bathroom - need a new tub, shower.

One sink only has cold water and the toilet sometimes doesn’t flush 

We help as much as we can as a family but the repairs needed to their home are piling up. We are asking for $50,000 to help fix their house. 

If anyone can make a donation please send to PayPal.Me/maeR45

Thank you so much for everything!