Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unemployment disaster.
First and foremost I would like to say thank you for allowing me to post in this forum and to say whatever help or advice I receive is appreciated in advance.

My ordeal started in January of 2021. I was put on ten days leave from my job due to COVID-19. This being unpaid leave. So, I took it upon myself to file for unemployment meanwhile. I was thinking I may use one or two checks from them and be back to work. I of course thinking that's what it's for in the first place. I had just bought a car in October the year prior. Car payments being roughly $350 a month. After ten days I still hadn't heard anything from my job or unemployment. As a matter of fact I hadn't heard from either two months later. Thank goodness for the stimulus we received in March of 2021 because it bought me a few more months with my car. I paid three payments and hoped for the best. Come April unemployment asked for verification of identity to which I had no problems sending. After which I still wasn't receiving any kind of news from unemployment. It was right around July when I finally figured out that my unemployment had been hacked and also around this same time my car was repossessed. So, that's why I wasn't receiving information because at this point they didn't know whether I was legitimately me. Even though I had sent verification of identity twice at that time. So, I got in touch with channel six news 'Make ends meet' because they were investigating the unemployment fraud cases. I also wrote the Governor also the Senator all to no avail. As a matter of fact this is still ongoing. Next step is the Attorney general's office. Meanwhile I live in a very rural area of Ocala FL. Most meaningful employment being around 25 miles away. I've been doing surveys and whatever I can for some income but it isn't much. Public transportation isn't available here and I've found most people are Not very dependable when it comes to giving rides. I've generally been a go getter most of my life raising my two daughters as a single mom. But I've become utterly depressed and completely disgusted with my state for allowing my information to just be hacked and then I'm treated like a criminal and can't receive the help I need when I needed it. 
I'm asking for any kind of help possible. And I hope for a better situation for all the people that are here for the same reason as I am. I'm just ready to get back to work and  get things back on track because as of last year my life has been turned upside down.
     Thank you so much. 

My Paypal button is: