Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higher Critical Essay Tips
Let's just say I can't write critical essays in my life under certain conditions. Give me a few hours and I'll be fine, but in the exam it will take me an hour to write 1 paragraph. In nat 5, I basically rewrote an essay (originally written out of time) that I partially remembered because the question was so similar, and that's probably the only reason I managed to scribble the letter A.

It's a little more complicated than that. I was predicted C, which, in my opinion, is ... an optimistic forecast.

My teacher is not the most helpful. Her advice to me was to "practice writing an essay under certain conditions," which isn't particularly helpful when you don't even know where to start.

what to do?

Oh, and I'm doing the Godfather (movie) for my essay
Do you have to choose a Sponsor??? I guess it's for English, right? What I'm learning may be a little different from what you're learning, but I think these tips are still applicable!

Have you asked your teacher if you could use one of the school notebooks to write essays in English? It turns out that you don't even need to have more time, only for your writing to be extremely slow or unreadable when writing for short periods of time.

If you want to learn how to structure your essay correctly, you need to have a good knowledge of the source of information. I advise you to watch the "Godfather" again or read the book, depending on what you are studying. Make sure you have a proper bank of quotes, scene ratings, and character ratings. This will really help you create something worthwhile, even if you have no idea how to structure an essay. Then I advise you to go to the SQA website and try any past work. Finish it under certain conditions. This will show you how prepared you are. Reread your essay, then take a red pen or any other colored pen and add any vocabulary or advanced paragraph. This will show you what you could do better. I will also tell you not to watch the movie because you have to, but to watch it for fun. If you enjoy the movie, it will be easier for you to get key information on the exam.

After all, you should just relax, because if you organize your material, you will pass the exam well.

I also speak excellent English and understand what you mean by not knowing what to write, and it's frustrating. You don't have to fully memorize everything that happens because you're not telling a story in an essay. Make sure you can come up with quotes (my teacher said 15 is enough, but they shouldn't be long) and link them to the main themes of the movie and the question. To help you revise, before doing an essay, you should write sentences on the topic (the sentence at the beginning of each paragraph in which the topic is introduced), and this will help break it down a bit, because you will know what to write for each paragraph. Making each paragraph, I think about myself: a substantive sentence, a quote, connotations related to the question, to the topic. Hope this helps
Thanks for the tips! Was useful to read. I'm in the same boat right now, working on my critical essay. Hope with some of this https://essayshark.com/ writing service I'll finish it on time. All these writings are real nightmare for me.
Thank you for the information. It's great that I registered on this forum. There are so many people here who are willing to help and answer my questions. This is very important to me.
useful info, thanks!