Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical expenses draining our budget. Your help would be so appreciated.
Dear Friend.

I am a mother reaching out for assistance to anyone who might be able to assist me with any kind of financial aid, no matter how small, due to spiraling debt from Covid Delta treatment, and subsequent long-covid treatment.

I am 46 years old. I have two beautiful sons, Joshua and Jesse, aged 18 and 16 respectively. I am married to a pastor, and we live in a small town in the Northern Cape of South Africa, Africa. 

I have always prided myself on being a hard-working, dedicated woman. I have an Honors degree in Counseling Psychology, and over the past few years have worked as a teacher in elementary school, which I have loved.

However, in August 2021 I tested positive for Covid, the Delta pandemic. I got Covid bronchitis twice, 21 days apart and needed to go to hospital, but could not afford it. Since then my lungs have been aching. My anosmia (loss of smell/ taste) turned into parosmia (terrible smells and tastes) in October, and since then I have lost about 33 pounds (15,4 kilograms). My heartbeat is irregular and I am suffering with extreme fatigue. 

For the past four years I have battled with major clinical depression and panic / anxiety disorder. I have sought the help of a psychologist, psychiatrist, therapy and medication. Presently my doctor is treating me medically and it is under control. 

I am currently in bed with my fourth case of bacterial lung infection. The doctor told me this week that the long covid has caused a lot of inflammation around my heart, lungs and damaged nerves in my olfactory system. He has said that I cannot be active at all until this passes. He estimates that the process could still take 18 to 24 minths, based on the current scientific research being done around long-covid. 

I was very busy the week before and after Easter at church with outreach in our community, a local high school, our church, and a children's home nearby. This has offset this latest infection. 

In the past almost 9 months my medical bills have been about R40 000 (about $2 540). Hearing that I can now do nothing has broken my heart. My son starts studying next year and with all these bills I have caused for my family, I have no idea how to assist with study fees. I have gotten quotes on starting a home business to provide an extra income. It is not physical work so I would be able to manage it, but would require about R20 000 (almost $1 400). My first option would be to go back to teaching but the long-Covid will not allow for this. 

In desperation I am reaching out to individuals / celebrities who are known for giving, and your name was mentioned. I am not asking for a specific amount of money, but rather any small contribution so that I can help my family. I want to bring in an income so we can get out of the medical debt, and also work towards things like a short family vacation. I have been indoors about 85% of the time for the past almost 9 months, and I just want to live without this huge financial burden.

Please, I ask you humbly to take the time to consider my request. If you would consider assisting me, you can ask any questions you would first like answered.

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to consider my request.

Kind regards,

Chantal Els

https://www.facebook.com/chantal.els

https://www.linkedin.com/in/chantal-els-7723621b7

https://www.paypal.me/chantalels

Instagram @elschantal