Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know what else to do
I am currently in a bad financial situation and don't know what else to do.  I have a lot of pride in myself and don't like asking for help, but now I'm desperate for help.  I am usually the one helping others not me asking for help.

In April my mother in law passed away from cancer. Unfortunately she did not have anything set up or any life insurance. She was told at the end of February she had six months to a year, but the cancer had spread to her bones and brain causing her to pass sooner than expected.  She lived an hour and half away.  I took time off and drove back and forth daily to help my partner care for her during her end of life as long with our children. Due to gas prices I used a majority of my paycheck.  When she passed I gathered every thing I had saved to pay for her funeral.  Around this time I found out that a position I took through my job would not allow for any overtime.  This is my struggle began. I was asked to take an interim manager position.  This position was under the impression would still be hourly and would still qualify for overtime.  I was still making my same rate with an extra 200 bonus each pay period. I worked an extra 40 hours to only find out the position did not qualify for overtime and would be considered salary.  Not only did I not get paid for those hours, but I ended up losing almost $3,000 a month that I had been used to for over a year.  Now 5 months later I am in a financial hole that I can't seem to get out of.  I have had to Unfortunately take out cash advances or high interest installment loans, due to bad credit, just to make ends meet.  Now I am to the point my paychecks are going straight to pay off these loans and cash advances with nothing left.  I have two kids with disabilities and my partner doesn't work to homeschool them due to their disabilities.  I would be truly grateful if anyone is willing to help.  My electric is due to be shut off and I would really hate to take another loan. Thank you in advance and God Bless You.

Paypal.me/Chrys0619