Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOS: Roof over my head Appeal
Brick 
Hi I am John, a 52 year old Driver by profession. Fate has always had a way of throwing a wrench into the mix of life at the least expected time. My down hill journey started with the death of my 2 best friend due to complications of Covid-19.

I did not take their passing too well and fell into a bit of depression. The three musketeers, was now down to one. A thirty year old brotherhood extinguished in the blink of an eye. Getting old in several cases, comes with a creeping stage of loneliness, invisibility and societal discard most cant see exists until one turns 50 plus.

In the 15 months that followed the start of the pandemic I lived off my savings. Things seemed fine.

I guess was in the denial phase of living with grief. And the pressure of Covid. My depression got worse to the point, I had to be put on medication,and this is where my descent to destitution homelessness and poverty picked up speed. As a professionally driver, as is in most countries, we are legally required to disclose all medications and health conditions that could affect ability to drive socially and professionally. Especially professionally..

Once I made the call, I was notified in in writing in May this year that I could no longer drive professionally or socially for a 12 month period. Form that point life took a down hill turn fast. My lively-hood taken away in an instant. Driving professionally is all I have known. My saving was at that point depleted, my depression ever present and to make matters works I lost the roof over my head just like that. I've tried to find other work like cleaning, garbage collecting and drivers mate jobs, making money online with little success.

I really need help raising about £5000 in total to be able to get a roof over my head for 9 months, until next year, when I will get my professional drivers license entitlement back and live again.

This money will go towards renting a single room, food, public transport to continue to survive this momentary phase of life I find myself in. It's a lot to ask anyone especially complete strangers, but what is the alternative, not to ask and give up or surrender to the exit of this life.

Below is the secure ''cash app link'' where you can help me out with a monetary assistance. Putting either of the links in any browser will take you to my ''cash app'' donations page.

1.    https://cash.app/%C2%A3liveaid42
or
     2.     cash.app/£liveaid42

Thank you for taking that time to hear me out.