Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOST JOB DUE TO COVID-19. NOW HOMELESS. BABY DUE IN OCTOBER.
Information 
Dear All, 

My name is Patrick Amkayah and I am from Kenya. I lost my job in July 2021 due COVID-19. I used to work as construction manager for small company that managed to keep going during the pandemic until July 2021 when the director decided to shut down until further notice. 

I have a three year old daughter and my wife is expecting our second baby in October. I also live with my young sister and her five year old daughter. Since losing my job, my family managed to survive on the little savings I had set aside during the time I was working for the last one year. However, without a stable source of income, those savings finally ran out. Consequently, I wasn’t able to meet my rent obligations for the two months of July and August. I pay $100 in rent each month. Due to inability to pay rent for two consecutive months, the house agent locked us out on 22nd of August. 

Confronted with the harsh reality of homelessness, first, I had to send my wife Tabitha to her aunt in a desert town called Lodwar (630 miles from Nairobi) until I find a solution to the housing situation. Then I had to request the headmaster of our local primary school to allow my sister and her daughter to sleep on the floor of the school kitchen where she was already working as a dish cleaner. As for myself, I am co-sharing a room with three other fellows. 

I have been able to sporadically get some manual work(on flower farms or construction sites), as a hand labourer to raise money for rent and provide for them. But I barely manage enough for food which I must send to my wife and daughter. 

With her due date fast approaching, there is so much pressure on me to raise enough money to take care of her and the baby. That is why I am  requesting that you bail me out of this situation with $2,000. That will keep us going until next year. 

We’ll use the money:

1.$600 to settle our rent arrears for July and August, also pay rent for September, October November and December. 

2.$200 to buy food and cooking gas. 

3.$100 to bring my wife Tabitha back to me. 

4.$300 to provide for the baby when it arrives in October.

5.$400 to cover hospital bill that will arise after Tabitha’s delivery. 

6.$400 to open a hairdressing and Mpesa parlour. 

I have done some google searching and found out that you can directly send money from any country to Kenyan mobile phone  via an app called sendwave. My phone number is +254710835134.

Here is the sendwave link https://www.sendwave.com/countries/send-money-to-kenya

I love to see my wife come to a house with food when she delivers our child. you can reach me on my email thepatam@gmail.com. 

Thank you , God bless you.

Patrick.