Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should of listened to Judge Judy
Sad 
Hello! I understand that there is more need than there is help. I find myself writing this post as a plea of desperation with the hopes of something or anything coming from it. I've landed myself in a debt without recovery in the foreseeable future.

How did I get here? Last summer a close family friend needed emergency dental surgery w/ no means to pay for it. Her parents were out of the question to help, her brothers struggled more than she did, and she didn't have anyone to turn to. We had the same (great) full-time job, but I also happened to have good credit. Dental pain can be some of the worst kind of pain, and I didn't have the heart to see her suffer. So I co-signed for a $5,000 loan.

Shortly after cosigning for the loan our job ended their contract abruptly, and left us with no income. I found out that the first two payments weren't made when my credit score dropped by 100 points! Long story short, she failed to give me any login information to monitor future payments or to communicate if she was unable to pay. In fear of this pattern continuing, I called to pay it off in full with what savings I had.

I also started a 2 year Radiology College program, and now am unable to have a job due to it being full time. Needless to say, I am in the hole and am struggling to keep up with the day to day.

I should've listened to Judge Judy..... She and Dave Ramsay both advise against cosigning for friends, family, etc. without a written contract of sorts. Both Judy & Dave are wise and lead by example through their success in life. Situations like this happen all the time, and relationships are ruined.

If you made it this far, thank you for taking the time to read!! If you feel led to help me out in any capacity, I am so so SO thankful for you. <3

paypal.me/ConnoB4

Venmo: @connob4