Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperate and needing a little help
I am asking today for help from total strangers, which I never thought I would ever be here. I lost my job of 7 years on November 26, 2023. On top of that, my wife and I had to move out of the apartment/room where we were living on December 15, 2023. I was running a homeless shelter and living on property for the past 2 years with my wife. We had moved into the room about a year after being married to save on money, due medical expenses on us both and to help my employer with having someone there 24/7. Due to reasons beyond my control and unforeseen, we could no longer live there if I were no longer employed.
My son and his partner took us in, and we did not end up on the street. Although they live in a one bedroom and finances are tight for them as well and not to mention all the extra burden, we have put on them. I am somewhat ashamed because it is supposed to be the parent helping the kids and not like this.
My wife and I are both disabled, and she is in the process since last year in getting put on disability and I am barely starting the process. In August of 2019 my right leg was amputated below the knee and a week later I had the first of 20 surgeries on my left foot. I spent a year and a half of the next 3 years, in and out of the hospital. My wife has even more health problems than I do and to top it off we’re both diabetics.
I am not afraid or uncapable of working but with the holidays and my physical limitations, it has been hard, harder than I remember. I do have several prospects that are looking good and even trying to start working from home as well. I also feel embarrassed that what I am asking for help with is small in comparison to the needs of others.
We had to put our stuff in storage a month ago and the monthly bill of $137 is due today. Our phone bill is well past due and will be disconnected soon and is $167 total for the past 2 months. I also need to pay $20 for a doctor’s copay in a couple of days and possibly another $20 to $30 for a couple prescriptions. Finally, around $100 or so for some groceries and some toiletries to help us hold us over for a little while longer. For a total of around $424 to $434
https://paypal.me/MartClem
Cash App: $MartClem