Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's no small help, only help
Dear friends in the ether!

Never thought this time will come in my life. After myself also helping so many kind people in my life to pursue their dream, the past 2 years crippled me and sent to knees despite all my efforts just to live a normal life.

I live in a small town in Hungary, unfortunately close enough to the capital to feel all it's bad effect. The last years were all about insecurities in living, soaring prices, lost perpective of the future.

I live and work as a software engineer, with my disabled wife and two kids, and our life was always considered convenient. Talking in numbers, 50% of my salary went for everything needed (bills, kids belongings, healthcare), rest went for food, and we even could afford some savings for vacation. Slowly the numbers started to change. Food became even more and more expensive, and from one day to another, utility bills showed numbers two-three-four times bigger. We reached a point, where my salary couldn't cover the expenditures (neither the bills, nor even the foods or other groceries). At the first sign of the trouble, started to work on plan B. Thought that a job change, or restructuring or financial status may help us out. But interview after interview, I just got the answer "you look promising, but currently no open position". Time was passing by, and we started to use all our savings just to live through the months. Then the point came where this also depleted. Salary was reduced, prices kept climbing. At end of last year, we reached the point of no return. Delayed bills, risk of losing our house where we stand now.

What I ask for is a small help only as an addition to my efforts. Last year I worked 400 additional hour, which was not payed, and ruined my plan of survival. If I keep working, apply for secondary job, then a small amount is more than enough to get our head above the water. After that, we can swim Smile

Any small or bigger help is welcome at https://paypal.me/cptbalu87 , as well as offer or possibility to change my job to a more secure one. I prefer direct recommendation, based on someone else's experiences, rather than trying to find blinded. I'm an all-out software engineer with almost 20 years experience, so you might wonder why it's an issue to switch to better job. I tried. Have at least 5 company where I got "accepted" but not. Huge delays in projects, HR incompetence makes it very hard to switch without experiencing stepback. I have no second chance, must choose carefully. Also, we have no reserves to endure 2-3 months until the change can be managed.

I also accept any kind of remote work offer from abroad, I prefer both EU and US timezones for work. Relocation is not possible due to my wife's condition, that's also a reason I got rejected sometimes (even with qualified rating). But my last 3 year showed, that working from home is an even more effective way.

Want to say many thanks in advance, I really wish we can get back on track, just like the days when everything was normal, I hope it won't be too big dream...